Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cherry Picking

The week before last the kids and I were over feeding my parents cats, since they were out of town, when we noticed the sheer amount of ripe cherries hanging off of their cherry trees. Not wanting them to go to waste, we called up my parents and asked if we could pick some of the ripe ones to make a pie or jam with. They said sure so we went over with bowls and went to town.

One of the trees was Wesley sized and he had a ball standing there with his little bowl picking cherries. I think more went in his mouth than in the bowl. It was cute. He really had fun, more so than I that he would. That was more than a week ago and he still tells us every night before he goes to bed "that was sure fun picking cherries!".

We got three bowls full and made one big pie and maybe enough frozen for another. Thanks Mom and Dad for sharing some with us!





1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

Love the new pictures!