Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thursdays Thoughts

Just random, unorganized thoughts.

-During Greta's afternoon nap (which she still takes on me, ugg) I do research on the laptop. I've been selecting different subjects every week...last week it was chick rearing and this week it's gardening. I'm totally pumped about both subjects but gardening has got me excited this week. I've been looking into Square Foot Gardening and like the idea. Basically it's where you divide your garden up into (usually) 8 X 8 foot squares. Each square foot within the square has its own plant (so 64 plants). One crop per 8X8 square. Supposedly the crop yields are higher and the work put into it is less than traditional row crops. Still deciding what to do but I'm intrigued.

-I can't believe Easter is this Sunday! It sure came crept up on me this year although I'm happy to say I'm actually prepared. I have a new basket for Wesley with goodies to go in it and I'm even prepared to dye eggs. I think this year will be the first year Wesley will actually be excited about Easter. He's become a connoisseur of candy since last year and seems ubber excited at the concept of eggs with candy in them. Looking forward to Sunday!

-It seems that the six month mark is the magic time when babies (at least MY baby) get easy. Life is returning to normal, routines are set, Mommy is routinely in a good mood. Greta is still sleeping through the night like a champ. I'm not really sure what contributed to this wonderful phenomenon but I'm running with it. Around the six month mark she got a night light in her room, started solid food and I started a fish oil regiment. You might ask why that last thing is included in the possible links with sleeping through the night? It's believed that breastfed babies that receive a good amount of DHA and omega 3 fatty acids from Moms milk are happy babies that sleep better. Is this all fluff? Maybe, but I'm taking 3,000 mg of fish oil a day to find out! So far so good. Plus, the stuff is just plain good for you anyways.

-Good old Mid Western weather is blasting us with beautiful Spring weather. In true fashion, we have near blizzard conditions one weekend and 85 degree weather the next. Everything is greening up nicely and the seasonal allergies are in full bloom. I always know to prepare for the congestion whenever I seen the bright yellow forsythia bushes blooming. They are everywhere right now. Beautiful but miserable.

That's all that is in my head right now.

No comments: