Thursday, March 18, 2010

Stray Magnet

I'm literally a magnet for stray animals. Tuesday morning I noticed two little pups hanging around our property. I didn't think much of it as we see many loose dogs around here. That evening they were still hanging around and were now tormenting the horses so I went out there to investigate. There yipping madly at Rocky were two little fluffy Australian Shepherd puppies. Just adorable little things. A red merle and a black tri. I couldn't just let them stay there so I took them, fed them and locked them up in the chain link dog kennel. Not knowing what to do next I started calling places. The neighbors, the local vet clinic (turns out you have to be in city limits for them to take strays), the Humane Society (costs $25 a dog to drop off out of county strays), then the city hall to see if anyone was missing two pups (nobody was). I figured they were drop offs. That's one of the "joys" of living in the country is dealing with other peoples unwanted animals.

I posted a lost and found ad on Craigslist but nobody seems to be missing these pups. Hard to believe since they look purebred. Since I'm just about at my wits end with our current animals I knew they needed to go so I posted an ad on Craigslist. A nice young couple came out and adopted the red merle pup this afternoon and I think I have a guy coming out to take the tri-colored one tomorrow. It's been an ordeal but I just hope they are going to have good homes.

Cute little things

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Awwww, they are beautiful! You did the right thing. They are lucky they found you.