Thursday, March 25, 2010

Emery's Baptism

We planned to have a family road trip to Kansas City this past weekend to witness the baptism of my little nephew Emery but the weather had different plans. It was 65 degrees the entire week preceding the baptism and then we get notice of a spring blizzard headed right for us the evening before we were to leave. Grrr. My folks decided to go up early to try and outrun the storm and said I was welcome to hitch a ride with them. I jumped at the idea and rode to KC with Greta in the back seat of their Jeep. We made it there in one piece but were, literally, about 20 minutes ahead of the sleet and snow. It was one cold, snow packed weekend. After it was all said and done they got around 8 inches of snow in less than 24 hours. Crazy.

Thankfully little Emery was able to be baptized as we were afraid the church would be canceled. It was a nice service and Emery was a champ. He's such a laid back baby. I wish I could say the same for Greta but she did ok, not getting fussy until the sermon. She and I then walked the halls of the church. Luckily they did the baptism first so I was able to see it. Congratulations Emery!

The pastor, Emery, Blake and Betsy




It was great being able to hang out with my family and my sister's in-laws. They were a great group of people and always happy to help out when I needed a break from baby duty. This was Greta's first trip away from home. In fact it was her first car trip. She did really well, only getting angry the last 20 minutes or so. Our little trooper.

Wesley was disappointed he wasn't able to come with us but I think he had a nice "man" weekend with his Dad. They bundled up and ventured out into the near blizzard conditions to play in the snow. Pretty crazy if you ask me but Wes had a fun time and still tells me about it nearly three days later. Here's hoping it is the first and last of the spring snow. He's really looking forward to seeing "BabyEmery" (pronounced as all one word) for Easter. Thanks for an enjoyable weekend guys!

The babes: Greta at 6 months and Emery at 4.5 months.


No comments: