Saturday, March 13, 2010

Life

I think this is the longest I've gone without blogging. I'm just exhausted. All the time. I never understood when people would say how children give you gray hair, but I'm starting to get it now. I feel like I've aged ten years since Wesley was born. It's hard for me to fathom that I've only been a parent for two and a half years. Two and a half, that's it! I can't even remember my life before children. Twenty eight years I don't recall, but the last two seem to be a lifetime. Funny how that works.

I've been keeping super busy these days with every day things. A woman's work is never done right? Sean is outside right now building a dog house for the two big dogs. It will be nice for them to have a place to get out of the spring rains which seem to have already started. It will also come in handy when we need to take a weekend trip and can't bring them inside at night like we do every evening. I'll take some pictures of it when he's done, I'm sure he'll do a smashing job.

Wesley has been keeping me on my toes this week. Naps seems to be still happening off and on which is wonderful for me. Regardless of whether he naps or not he spends an hour in his room every afternoon. He seems to look forward to it. He's also doing a great job in the potty training department. He'll go in his little potty about three times a day. He loves getting some M&M's as a reward. We're going through M&M's at decent pace, especially with me raiding it every so often. Darn delicious candy.

Greta is still having quite the Mommy complex. After dinner I plunk her in Sean's arms so I can do dishes...she lasts about a minute before realizing she's not in my arms and starts screaming. When I say "screaming" I mean a full on melt your ear drums kind of scream. I kid that there is no "middle earth" with her temper. She's either calm and happy or full on scary screaming. Oh well, I'm just hoping this phase ends soon because I'm pretty much stuck with her 24/7 during it. She's happy as a clam as long as I'm with her. *sigh*

Greta is taking to baby food like a champ. Opens her little mouth when she see's that spoon heading her way. Starting to get more down her throat than on her bib too. I purchased some organic sweet potato baby food for next week, can't wait to try something with flavor! Fun times.

That's about all that's happening in our household. Have a good weekend!

No comments: