Sunday, March 28, 2010

Check

We sat down this weekend and looked over our giant "to do" list. It's a big one! We're hoping to mark a few things off every weekend and this weekend was the first (of many).

Our town had a hazardous waste disposal day yesterday so we loaded up anything and everything we could find out in the shop. There was six years of old motor oil, tons of used anti freeze, old diesel fuel and several car batteries. All of it nearly filled the bed of the truck. We had no idea we had so much of that stuff lying around. The town set it up like a drive through were people just lined up and workers swarmed the cars to take the waste. I'm so glad to be rid of all of that. One thing to check off the list!

From there I went directly to the rock quarry, that's a few miles from us, to load up the back of the truck with dirt. We've needed to put dirt around the foundation of our house to correct the grade ever since we had foundation work done several years ago. We used to buy bags of fill dirt but that is expensive and time consuming so I bit the bullet and went to the quarry. They loaded 1500 pounds of dirt in the back if the truck and it cost me a whopping $6. We'll need about three more loads so I plan to go back every Saturday until it's done. Another thing almost completed.



Daddy let him drive back to the shop, he loved it!



Then today Sean got the rototiller on the back of the garden tractor working and we went out and marked out where we want to place the garden. Then he got to work rototilling a 30 foot by 30 foot area. I can't wait to get things planted!



Overall it was a very productive weekend and we got a few things checked off the list. Hope you all had a good weekend!



Juice Box Boy

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow - you were productive! I tried to garden, too. I put the baby in an exercise pen in the backyard with 4000 toys and she lasted a grand total of 5 minutes before she started screaming.

The Menagerie Momma said...

Bummer Stacy! I figure the only way I'll get outside to garden this summer is to get up super early and get a couple hours in before she wakes up in the morning. We'll see how that goes!

Granny Randi said...

I couldn't get Sean to do anything in our garden. Love does wonderful things for men! I love the hat on Greta.