Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Today Jessica and I decided to take the kids to a local pumpkin patch to enjoy the beautiful fall weather. But before I start showing all the pictures from today I must share the best picture I've taken in quite a while. I took this while driving through town today:



Yep, read it and weep. We officially have gas that's under $2 a gallon. I'm so psyched! Anyways, back to today's events. With Wesley, Alex and Abby in tow we made our way around the Pumpkin Patch, taking in all the fun activities. They had a giant slide that was megga fun.

Next was a petting zoo where there were baby goats, baby pigs, rabbits and a pair of angry llamas. Wesley tried hard to feed a rock to the goats.

Next we meandered through the corn maze. Wesley was walking like crazy today. He's thrilled with his new mobility, as are we. It's sure nice to not have him crawling and getting grungy all the time.

After the maze we loaded onto a trailer that was pulled by a tractor that took us out to the pumpkin patch. We had a teacher take this photo. We were crammed on this trailer with oodles of first graders. Cute age, although I'm happy to have six more years before Wesley's that age!

At the pumpkin patch we let the kids explore and select their pumpkins. He, of course, centered in on the big heavy ones and I had to steer him toward a little ugly gourd (that he had a death grip on for the rest of the trip). The thought of carrying a 25 pound Wesley along with a 10 pound pumpkin didn't excite me.

And here is the last picture of the day, the obligatory group photo of the little ones around the pumpkins. Abby has this "They're Mine, All Mine" expression going on. Happy Fall everyone!

No comments: