Sunday, October 26, 2008

Accomplishments

I accomplished quite a bit of stuff Saturday. I left Wesley inside with Sean to have a male bonding day while I escaped to the great outdoors to get much done. When I say "male bonding" I'm referring to sitting around watching college football in your underpants (well just Wesley on this one). Wesley didn't really watch the football game, he just ran around and got into mischief. And I do mean RUN. He's walking everywhere now, I'm not sure I witnessed any crawling today. He is so proud of himself. I tell you, seeing this little tiny human that is barely taller than my knees walk around like Frankenstein....it's utterly bizarre.

Anyways, back to my outdoor accomplishments. I went and dewormed horses and trimmed hooves. Trimming hooves is something I'm thankfully getting better at. Now normally a farrier comes to your house and trims your horses hooves but I decided to try and pinch a few pennies (they charge $40 a visit for both horses) and do it myself. This is not an easy task. I watched several people trim horses and did my own internet research before even picking up the nippers. It's definitely something I'm learning over time. Thankfully my miniature horses have simple little hooves so it makes it easier. But I must admit, after bending over low and using my thigh muscles like I did today, I can hardly walk.

Afterwards Rocky and I went for a walk. He's already got his winter fur coat on. Isn't he cute? Too bad he's the most ornery little booger on the planet.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

No comments: