Thursday, September 18, 2008

Random Observations

I forgot how much I love Fall! Wesley and I have been spending as much time outside during the day as we possibly can. Today we went over to my parents house before lunch so Wesley could see Grandma and to take a walk around their neighborhood. I'm lucky my folks are only 4 miles away. He still really enjoys his buggy that I walk him around in. He holds onto the steering wheel and toots the horn, it's a hoot. Since he's not walking yet we can't do a whole lot outside on the ground, he has this tendency to try and eat rocks. I still can't understand the fascination with putting everything in his mouth. Oh well...here's hoping that ends soon.

Other observations: I was wondering how long it would take before Wesley would take a liking to some toy and become obsessed with it. Looks like it starts around 14 months for this little guy. He just loves this little cookie monster stuffed toy he got for his birthday. He calls it "cookie" and carries it everywhere. It's not allowed anywhere but his room since the dogs would love the chance to "kill" it. I can't imagine how he would react if he found "cookie" murdered with guts all over the living room. That would not go well.

This little kid is just a sponge. He soaks up everything and spits it out when you least expect it. We have a little picture board book that he flips through on a daily basis and he'll point to the pictures and talk in his baby gibberish. Well he's starting to figure out what each picture is. He'll point to the picture of kittens and yell "kitties," it's so cute. He's got a few pictures down, quite a few to go. He's a bright little one.

That's about all that's new around here. I've been back to sculpting in all my free time and able to get back to selling which feels good.

1 comment:

Hoofprints said...

Score one for 'cousin' Alex! Cookie monster was his gift to his buddy Wesley! Awww...