Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Kansas City Wedding


We had a wonderful weekend in Kansas City! My sister got married Sunday morning out at Powell Gardens. The gardens were beautiful, all sorts of spectacular flowers were in bloom. It was a wonderful backdrop for a memorable wedding. It was great to see family! I got to visit with my aunts and uncles that traveled in from California, many whom I've not seen in at least six years. It's sad that the only time we see family is for weddings and funerals. But that's the way it is. Wesley did wonderfully through everything. He's turned into a little socialite. He just soaks up the attention, and boy did he get plenty of it! The hook on highchair was the best $30 I've spent on this kid. We just toted it around to the rehearsal dinner and reception site and he spent the entire time in it. All in all it was a great weekend. It was super nice getting away from the house for a couple of days. Wesley really enjoyed himself in the hotel room. He thought sitting in the middle of the king sized bed surrounded by toys was ultra cool. You could tell he got over stimulated because the first night he woke up at 2:30 am and was wide awake until 4:30. He played, rolled and squealed in delight between us on the bed for two hours. That was fun. Monday morning we met up with family at Union Station where we shopped a little and ate some good Kansas City BBQ. I have put up a slide show of the weekend, I don't have any pictures of the wedding ceremony since I was a bridesmaid but everything else I have photos of. Enjoy!

No comments: