Thursday, May 29, 2008

The glories of not breastfeeding!

It's been about two weeks since I stopped breastfeeding and I have to admit it is wonderful to be done! When we go places I don't have to wonder where I'm going to feed him, I don't have to hope he won't get distracted, there is no guessing how much he's getting to eat, it's great. The drying up process was uncomfortable but it only took about a week and a half and it was done. I am so happy I was able to go until 10 months because formula is dang expensive! I swear I'm telling Sean to pick some up every six days, one of those big cans only lasts that long. Only a month and a half left of buying formula. Yea!

While I was pregnant I started craving alcohol. Mind you I'm not a big drinker, maybe I'd have some wine once every couple months. But being pregnant I would just drool when Samuel Adams commercial came on the television. Don't ask me why. Now I knew I was going to breastfeed and I wasn't going to drink any alcohol during that. So last week since I was done with everything I went and bought a bottle of wine. The last time I drank anything was fall of 2006. I poured myself two inches of wine in a glass and downed it. Twenty minutes later I was giggling hysterically and my eyes wouldn't focus. Two inches! Alcohol never effected me that way before. It was hilarious.

Today is my Mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Mom! We are going tonight to a Chinese buffet that has all you can eat snow crab, so we are going to go feed our snouts. Yum yum!

No comments: