Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Trash Collector

Wesley is at a really fun age. And I'm not even being sarcastic here. He talks our ear off at dinner and will tell us about the fun parts of his day. Lately what he talks about most is going out and finding trash. We usually at least once a day take a wagon ride down the dirt road. We live on a pretty deserted road so we don't encounter many cars. On one wagon ride a few weeks ago I stopped to pick up an old beer can along the road and decided to make it a game to see how many pieces of trash Wesley could point out. He'd point them out and I'd pick them up and put them in the storage bin on his wagon. Well this game has morphed into his favorite part of the day. We go out and scour the ditches for trash once a day. It amazes me how many beer cans and bottles can be found in a mile stretch. One day we found a cardboard beer box and then proceeded to fill it almost completely with beer cans. The funny part is that Wesley doesn't pick up the trash, he relaxes in his wagon and points it out so I can pick it up, which is pretty funny to watch considering Greta is strapped to my chest in the BabyBjorn. Wesley has "future management" written all over him. Also, needless to say, we have the cleanest stretch of dirt road in the county.

1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

How funny! I miss you all. Lots and lots of love.