Saturday, May 29, 2010

High on the Hog

Last summer I was driving down the dirt road near our house and saw a Power Wheels Harley Davidson Motorcycle parked next to someones overflowing trash can. It was sitting there with a few other big items so I deducted that it was intended for the trash man. I couldn't let something that cool just sit in a landfill so I stopped and maneuvered it into the back of the minivan (quite a feat I might add seeing as I was 8 months pregnant). I figured if it was being thrown out, it either had a dead battery or something wrong with the wiring....both of which my Mr. Handyman husband could fix. Sean hooked it up to his jump starter and it worked so that meant it just needed a new battery. So last week we ordered a battery and a battery charger and installed it Friday night. Wesley hoped on it and just took off, ripping around the back yard. It was fascinating to watch how quickly he picked up on the steering and using the gas pedal. He also learned quickly that it has a turbo button that makes him go super fast. That giant smile on his face was so worth the $100 for the battery and charger. Would I spend $300 for a new one? No way, but a third of that.....sure. Plus, I'm happy it got a new lease on life and isn't rotting away at the dump. It sure is making a little three year old boy happy.



His maiden voyage:

4 comments:

Sam said...

The look on Wesley's face is priceless! He has managed to make my husband jealous:)

Barb

The Menagerie Momma said...

Hi Barb! That is so funny! I'm a little afraid that by doing this he's going to start some lifelong passion for motorcycles....one of my biggest fears.

Unknown said...

Get him wearing that helmet now! I know what you mean. That's why I won't let my husband on one:)

Barb

Granny Randi said...

You picked that up when you were 8 months pregnant. I have total respect for you! What is it about boys attachment to things with wheels. I saw than same look on Sean's face the first time he rode a minibike! Miss you all.