Monday, May 17, 2010

Another Day

At least once a week I look at Sean and one of us says "Well, we made it through another day." Raising kids is tough work. Tough work that is made tougher by sickness. Wesley came down with a cold last week and was just miserable all weekend. He woke up several times during the night because the poor little guy couldn't breath. I ended up putting the humidifier in his room which seemed to help. Then, naturally, Greta caught a much lighter version of it (thank you breast milk!) She was miserable Saturday night and slept on me in the recliner for most of it. I forgot how tiring sick kids can be. My kids don't get sick often. This is due to the fact that we aren't around many other children. This is Greta's first illness and Wesley hasn't been sick since last summer. This is a blessing in disguise I suppose. I know the second he goes to preschool or kindergarten we'll be in for it. We'll be sick every other week. It will totally suck, but I guess that's just how it's going to be. I'm just happy I made it through another day.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Sorry about the sick kids. It does suck. Hope everyone is feeling better!