Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Trekkie is born

Life around here is settling into a pretty reliable routine. I like routine. Two times a week I load the kids in the van and head over to Jessica's house for play dates. Twice a week she comes over here. So, yes, we get together usually four times a week. The kids generally have fun when they aren't hurtling toys at each others heads and it gives us some time to talk to another grown up or as grown up as Jessica and I are. When play date it over it's time for Wesley to take a nap. This allows me time to sit and relax with Greta. Can I just say newborns are too easy? Compared to the craziness that is Wesley right now, Greta is a cinch.

My all time favorite time of the day is at ten o'clock when I get to sit down with my husband and nurse my daughter while watching Star Trek: The Next Generation. Yeah, call me a nerd...no scratch that, call me a trekkie. I'm ok with that. It's such a nice, quiet, relaxing end to the day that both Sean and I really look forward to it. Greta always passes out for the night during the show and then my day is done. So, thank you Star Trek for providing my husband and I some high point to an otherwise hectic and tiring day.

No comments: