Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We are enjoying a nice quiet day together as a family. Our first Thanksgiving as a family of four. We would normally spend this day with my folks but they are out in Colorado working on their cabin. We had a nice feast with them last weekend with all the traditional food and so today we are going "untraditional". I'm making a big pot of chili and homemade cinnamon rolls. Not your normal Thanksgiving dinner but I just don't have the time or energy to spend the day in the kitchen. I feel as long as we are all together it makes no difference what we eat.

Sean has been off of work this week and I and so thankful for that. It's so nice to have an extra pair of hands around here during the day. He's been getting Greta down for her afternoon nap and letting me get some much needed relaxation time in. I don't think I'm going to let him go back to work next week, it's been too nice.

We've been getting into the Christmas spirit lately. Gearing up to put up the Christmas tree this weekend. This seems to be the first Christmas that Wesley is really excited about. We've already been singing Christmas songs. He likes to sit on the couch and just listen to them. It's noteworthy because it's really the only time he's not moving during the day....the kid is nonstop energy. I'm going to let him help decorate the tree this year and he seems excited about that. We've also been planting the seed in his head about Santa Claus. I know he has no idea what or who Santa is but we're working on it. Two and a half is a fun age, so much to soak up.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving and is enjoying it with the ones you love.

No comments: