Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mommy had a weasel

When I went into the hospital to have Greta, we left Wesley with my Mom for the day. She decided to teach him a song that he could sing when he saw me after the birth. The song goes like this:

"Mommy had a baby, a baby, a baby,
Mommy had a baby,
a little baby girl."


He sang that song all the time. In the car, in the tub, at the dinner table....you get the idea. It's precious. Well over time now the song has changed. The word "baby" gets replaced with other random words. So, for instance, some days "Mommy had a bagel, a little bagel girl". Or my favorite was the other day we were singing "Pop goes the Weasel" and later that day he started singing

"Mommy had a weasel, a weasel, a weasel,
Mommy had a weasel,
a little weasel girl".

It sure got Sean and I cackling. Kids say the darndest things.

No comments: