Monday, November 16, 2009

Personal Picks

Things I'm lovin' right now.


Halo Sleep Sack
I just love this thing. Greta just loves this thing too. She sleeps so well being swaddled and I know she's nice a warm in her sack. I like how the swaddle "wings" are velcro on the back so that when she outgrows the swaddle aspect, I can just take them off and still use the sack part. Great invention.


Temporary Tattoos
Ok so maybe I'm not loving these things right now, but Wesley sure is. And if they make him happy, they make me happy. He can have one new tattoo every other day and since it takes roughly three days for them to disappear...well lets just say the kid is covered in tattoos. He gets up every morning and before he gets dressed he points to each tattoo, counts them and tells me what it is. Kind of white trash but it works on a two year old.


Wife Beater Tank Top (turned into a nursing tank)
Yep, this is my favorite thing. You take an el cheapo wife beater tank top (pack of four Hanes tanks at Wally World for $8) and you cut a vertical slit over each boob then you just wear it under your normal top. When it's time to nurse you lift up your normal shirt and nurse like usual and your body is still covered....no postpartum tummy hanging out for all to see. I love these and wear one every day (under a shirt...NOT like the lady below). But this gives you an idea of what it looks like. This is not me, this is a brave lady that posted the idea.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm not quite sure what to say about that nursing shirt. My boobs would still be hanging down to my knees and what's so pretty about that?

Alicia said...

I love that nursing shirt idea! Since we're in Texas and it's hot always, that's something lightweight that I could add under an outfit without dying of heat stroke come Spring.