Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend update

What a fine relaxing weekend we had. Relaxing because we did nothing. The winter months are the glorious months when we don't have to go outside and do house repairs "because of the weather". Of course on 55 degree days, such as today, it's hard to keep our mantra going about the cold weather. Instead I took my little monster outside to soak up some vitamin D while exploring. We ventured into the walnut grove and he picked up as many walnuts as he could hold in his hands.

Other winter activities include game play. After Christmas Hubby and I tend to become Playstation 2 nuts for at least 2 months. After the two months are over, it tends to wear off until the next Christmas. My parents are good about getting Sean whatever game is currently to his fancy. This year it was Shadows of the Colossus and God of War. Watching him play gets me wanting to play something as well, so I found Sly Cooper and the Thievious Raccoonus. Super fun game. Come February I'm sure we will both have drifted off to new lazy day hobbies, but for now this is it. Tell me, when do you get too old for video games?

I've been organizing everything needed for our Phoenix trip this Friday. Since we aren't checking any bags we have to pack light. We were having a dilemma about Hubby's suit and how we'd get it there without checking it, so we decided to roll up his suit pants (and iron like crazy when we get there) and he'll wear the suit jacket on the plane. I thought I'd be antsy about leaving Wesley for 2.5 days but I really feel good about it all. I have several lists ready, along with medical info, schedules and food options to give to my folks. This is going to be a blast! Stacy and Nate, we are so excited to see you tie the knot!

No comments: