Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fun times in Phoenix

We made it home in one piece. We flew to Phoenix Friday and enjoyed some fabulous southwest cuisine as soon as we arrived. It was wonderful to sit and chat and laugh with family. Especially family we see only a couple of times a year. We hung out around the hotel pool, soaking up the 75 degree weather. I can see why Phoenix is a popular winter location. The sun was just glorious. Another really cool aspect of Phoenix? They have citrus trees growing EVERYWHERE that are just drooping with fruit. This is just the coolest thing ever. It reminds me of visiting California while growing up. I can't even imagine just going into my back yard and picking an orange off of my own tree. They had little stands set up where you go pick your own oranges for 10 cents an orange. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to bring 40 pounds of oranges home with me on the plane. Darn.

The wedding was just beautiful. It was held at the brides brothers house which was this enormous, beautiful house with a backyard straight out of a backyard makeover show (the end result). What a gorgeous setting for a wedding. It was all perfect. We are so happy that Nate found Stacy because she belongs in the family. She made a gorgeous bride. Congratulations you two, now go enjoy lounging around Hawaii while I sit here being jealous and cold. :)

Now to the part of the blog where I tell you about how horrible it was leaving Wesley home with my parents, and how he was just miserable without us, and how my folks were just itching for us to come home and save them. Yeah, none of that happened. Wesley was an angel for my folks. He was smothered with constant attention, doted on hand and foot and thoroughly enjoyed his time with "Noni and Papa " (as he now calls them). In fact, we returned home this evening expecting a gracious welcome, only to receive a glance while he searched for Noni (while saying "Noni, Noni, Noni"). He quickly warmed up to us though. How quickly he forgets who gave birth to him (grumble grumble). Just kidding, it was cute. No separation anxiety happening with this little one just yet. I'll write a future blog about Wesley's fun fun time with the grandparents. For now, we have wedding weekend pictures.

Here is the happy couple for the rehearsal dinner


Hubby and his silly momma


Officially tied the knot!


Sister-in-law Becca with darling Sasha


Hubby and I and our surrogate child, niece Claire


Family photos

No comments: