Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Trains, diets and more

Now that our kids are back to being healthy, Wesley has been visiting Alex and Abby regularly. Jessica brought her kids over this past weekend to play and we had a nice time. As I mentioned before my father is a train nut and has purchased little toy trains called Geo Trax by the buckets full. These little train sets all connect together and some (crazy) people build huge layouts that span several floors in their house. Now I hope to not become one of those people, but we nearly have enough Geo Trax to cover the entire basement floor. Unfortunately Wesley is not yet at the age to think these trains are "da bomb" BUT little Alex is. So we brought up just a few pieces of track and two engines to test the waters and see if Alex was ready for it all since he's a little over 2 years old now. Yeah, he's sure ready. He thoroughly enjoyed playing with it which gives me hope that one day soon Wesley will find it all quite interesting.

Alex the train conductor




The window lookers




Nine month old Abby (I swear she was born just the other day)




On the diet front, I hit my goal of 5 pounds already. I started the Atkins diet on the first of January, so in 14 days I've lost 5 pounds. Not bad. My jeans are fitting better and there is not much of anything hanging over the top of the jeans when I sit down. So, if you all want to drop some LB's quickly and painlessly give old Atkins a try....it works. I've started adding in whole wheat bread here and there but don't plan to splurge on my big delicious dessert just yet....soon.

I'm getting excited about the up and coming trip to Phoenix next Friday. I'm a little anxious about leaving my little man here while we jet off to the southwest but I know I'm leaving him in capable hands. I can't even imagine the amount of lists I'm going to have to write to make sure I've informed my parents of everything...from how to feed the horses to what Wesley's schedule is. And everything in between. They'll have fun though, that I'm sure of.

I leave you with a video taken in Wesley's destroyed bedroom the other day while Jessica and her kids were visiting.

No comments: