Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to life, Back to reality


It sure has been nice having Hubby home for all these consecutive days in a row. It's wonderful having him home for two weeks around Christmas and New Years and then it's back to reality and back to work. Wesley and I will miss him this week. I'm already bored and the week hasn't even begun. I can't seem to get back in the swing of things with my work either. Sculpting like crazy before the Holidays takes the creativity right out of me and I'm left with an empty shell. Now I have to crank it back up to pay bills, uggg such is life.

Wesley has been, er, interesting the past week. I'm not sure what has gotten in to him but we are having some really crazy mood swings that involve him giggling one moment and throwing himself on the floor the next. When I got him out of his crib this morning he managed to have two tantrums before we even make it out of his room. Don't have a clue what going on but I hope he snaps out of it soon as it's growing maddening. My friend Jessica says her little boy did the exact same thing right around 18 months. No fun at all.

In the category of Adorable, Wesley has grown to adore Sesame Street characters. He used to only have eyes for Elmo and occasionally Cookie monster but now whenever he sees any of them in a book or on TV he'll point and excitedly say "Ernie" or "Zoe". We got him some little stuffed Sesame Street characters for Christmas which he sleeps with now. Sometimes he won't leave his bedroom without clutching one under each armpit. We only have Elmo, Ernie and Cookie, but I hope to find Bert and Zoe soon as they are his favorites too. Here he is sitting on the couch with his "friends".

No comments: