Sunday, October 28, 2007

Wesley goes Green

So you might be aware of the Go Green movement in our country. This is where you remove the chemicals and toxins in your life, thus removing them from your body. This can be as easy as buying organic produce where no pesticides where used to as complex as replacing your sheets with organic cotton sheets. I have been researching this for the past several weeks in an effort to keep Wesley shielded from some of the worse chemicals. We've replaced our regular household cleaners with the Method brand of cleaners from Target, I'm buying organic food when I have a choice and I just ordered some chemical free baby shampoo. I don't think I've gone overboard just yet (although Sean thinks I'm getting there). Overboard is buying the chlorine free, dye free, gel free diapers for $40 a package, found those last night during my midnight internet pumping. It's also interesting how I have to watch what I do while breastfeeding because it is shown that chemicals are stored in your body fat, which is used to make your milk supply during breastfeeding. Maybe I have too much time on my hands.

No comments: