Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday Weigh In

I achieved my 10 pound weight loss goal last weekend. Finally. Phew. Took three months. The body is not the same as it was before two babies but I'm happy with how it's looking six months postpartum. What I've learned after loosing a combined 80 pounds of baby weight (two babes) is that there is no excuse to not exercise. It's free. You don't have to buy any fancy athletic shoes (I work out in bare feet in my living room) or buy any expensive workout equipment (libraries have workout videos to check out) or gym memberships. The biggest challenge is to drag your butt out of bed, which is one of the more difficult things to do when both kids are sound asleep. I am amazed at how much more energy I have! Also, the old wardrobe is back in use...no need to keep buying bigger clothes. Now I just need to stay motivated to keep working out, which I'm finding difficult since achieving my "goal" weight. Oh well, just wanted to share since this has been an important part of my life since the beginning of the year.

2 comments:

Hoofprints said...

Congrats! Totally awesome. I suppose We better plan on a reward trip in the future, eh? And you do look awesome!

Granny Randi said...

Way to go, Mandy! I'm so proud of you for sticking to it.
You rock!