Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Forever Missed

It's official, nap time is no more. Wesley has been flirting with the idea of giving up his naps for several months now and I finally threw in the hat and let him. It's tough and we're still adjusting but I'm happy to be done with the battle. Every day nap time would come and he would fight me every step of the way (sometimes literally). Once in his room he would just cry and plead that he didn't need a nap and that he'd be good if only I'd let him stay up. If I refused, he would cry in his room for at least 20 minutes before giving up and playing by himself. Rarely would he actually nap. What made this all the more frustrating is that Greta takes her nap around the same time Wesley did and her room is right below his. So when Wesley screamed and cried in his room, he was directly over Greta trying to get to sleep. Therefore I was left with two miserable, awake children. So no more. He stays up and quietly watches a movie in the afternoon. I've finally accepted that my afternoon nap is a thing of the past, but I'm ok with that and I'm just happy to not have to wrestle with Wesley anymore. Goodbye nap time, you will be missed.

1 comment:

Hoofprints said...

I feel your pain. We've been a napless family from Alex's side since before he was two so I can sympathize. Eventually he'll be so good at 'quiet time' that you won't even know he's awake. :-)