Wednesday, April 7, 2010

His BFF

The other day we're sitting on the couch and Wesley comes over and drapes himself over Sean's leg and says "Daddy, you're my best friend". It was so sweet yet it made me sad because he's never said that to me, the person that he spends every single day with. I understand it though. I'm more of the authoritarian around here while Daddy comes home from work and plays with him. But it still made me feel left out.

That was until last night.

I was in doing dishes and in runs Wesley clutching a wadded up ball of used duct tape. He holds it up to show me, so excited at what he found, and declares "this duct tape is my best friend!".

Oh kids are funny. I'm not feeling so left out anymore.

1 comment:

Sasha Victoria said...

Even though I am the mean one, Sasha still runs to me fist and says LOVE YOU DADDY. I just wish this would last for a long long time. Makes my heart melt.