Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursdays Thoughts

More random thoughts all combined into one rambling post for your reading pleasure. Lucky you!

-Last week Greta went into the pediatricians office for her (somewhat overdue) six month well baby visit. She's our little chunk! Growing like a weed. Doctor always says she's perfect, I tend to agree.

Weight: 17lbs 9 oz (71%)
Height: 26.5 in (68%)
Head: 44.25 cm (85%)

-My garden is now officially rototilled and ready for planting. Sean got it about 2/3rds tilled when the belt broke on the tiller (naturally). Turns out the belt that drives the tiller is this ginormous thing that costs a little over $100(!). So I plan to start a tally to see just how expensive this garden ends up being, and how many organic fruits and veggies I could have purchased for the same price. So far we have a $100 belt, $20 in seed and a new $25 garden hose (to reach all the way out to the back of the property). I'm doing all this for the experience right? Yea, I'll get back with you in August on that.

-The count down till I get my chicks is on. T-minus 22 days until my six little chirping bundles of fluff arrive. Can you tell I'm excited? I've decided to name them all after flowers since they will all be female (oh they better all be females). Right now I have a huge list of flower names taped to my refrigerator and I keep adding names when I run across them. So far my favorites are Sweet Pea, Poppy, Goldenrod and Begonia. I need two more. Maybe Petunia and Magnolia? Oh and to Sean's utter joy the chicks will be spending their first few weeks inside in our dining room, after which they will move into the shop and then out into their coop. I really can't wait!

That's all I've been up to. Slow week.

No comments: