Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Snow, Glorious Sow


I have to admit, I love it when it snows. No, let me rephrase that...I love it when everyone I love is home, we have plenty of food, electricity is working and it snows. I don't enjoy it so much when Sean is out driving on it or the electricity is out. Luckily the hubby is home all week with us which allowed me to plunk Miss Greta in his arms and take Wesley out to enjoy the snow.

Last year, for some reason, we never bundled Wesley up and let him go tromp around in the snow. It might have been because I never bought snow boots last year, or maybe it was because he was just too small. Oh well, this year snow seems to be a winner. It took me nearly 10 minutes to wrangle the kid into his two layers of pants, sweatshirt, winter coat, socks, snow boots, hat and gloves but I think it was worth it.

I had to show him how to make snow balls and after that nothing was safe. He was flinging snow everywhere. He wanted to go play in his sand box and I had to show him that it was frozen solid. Even in the dead of winter he wants to play in that dang thing. When his little cheeks turned red I decided it was time to go in and I literally had to drag him inside.



No comments: