Saturday, December 5, 2009

Lessons learned

I was changing Greta's diaper this morning while Wesley was playing in the living room. I heard Chance, our little black terror terrier, growl and then snap at Wesley and then he started crying. He came around the corner holding his face and crying so I picked him up to see what happened. Luckily the dog didn't bite him, there was no broken skin but Wesley was pretty shook up. Chance is a really good dog around little kids but he has a breaking point and usually I can tell when he's had enough "toddler time" then he goes in his room. Obviously I didn't catch it in time this morning.

I asked Wesley what happened and he told me through sobs that "Chance bad dog!". I told him that Chance doesn't lash out unless provoked and then proceeded to ask him what he did to Chance, to which he answered "I sat on him".

Well at least the kid is learning a lesson....I hope.

No comments: