Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holiday Season

Can you believe that Christmas is a week from Friday? Time just seems to fly by faster and faster as I get older. I'm happy to say that I have 99% of my Christmas shopping finished and most of it is even wrapped. Greta has been passing out in her swing for her afternoon nap and letting me get the wrapping done. It's nice to be done and not feel the stress of the Holidays anymore. We would normally be visiting Sean's folks in New Mexico this Christmas but we made an unfortunate executive decision last month not to make the long trek down there with a newborn. We are really going to miss seeing everyone this year, it's one of the high points of the year for us. We just can't seem to wrap our heads around the idea of a three month old and a two year old in a minivan for 17 hours each way. It's a 14 hour drive and we'd have to stop every two hours to breastfeed for 20 minutes. I also don't like the idea of her little body sitting in a car seat that long. Tiny little respiratory systems aren't made for that. We'll miss you all this year and will be sad not to be there, I'm already sad. We wish we lived closer!

Wesley has been keeping busy lately. He is absolutely in love with the Christmas tree. He likes to find boxes and pluck specific ornaments off of the tree, fill up his box and carry it around for the next hour. Then when he tires of that he will go put the ornaments back on the tree and pluck off a whole new batch. He'll keep himself entertained for hours. We went over to my folks house last weekend and he got to help decorate their Christmas tree. He was in hog heaven as my Mom has about three times as many ornaments on her tree as I do.

He's also been doing some craft projects centered around the Holiday season. I bought some ornaments for him to paint, this was his first time to paint and he really did a nice job. I was expecting paint everywhere but he kept it all on the ornament. I was impressed. Here are the wee little artists painting ornaments:



Wesley took an interest in the stockings so I finally just took them down and gave them to him. He seems to think they are real stockings and has taken to wearing them on his feet. I guess they are stockings after all.



Here is a picture of Mister Chocolate Face himself. Mmmmm chocolate covered graham crackers. It's a rough life I tell ya.

1 comment:

Little Man's blog said...

I remember wearing the stockings that grandma made for mom and dad. They are socks afterall, no?? Good for Wesley, he's breaking them in.