Monday, October 5, 2009

To the doctor

Greta had her two week doctor visit today. She needed to be back up to birth weight and she was three ounces shy of it. I was afraid they'd want to put her on some supplements but was happy when the doctor said it wasn't a problem. He said right now babies should be gaining a half to one ounce per day. She's up to 8 pounds 9 ounces so she's been gaining over half or an ounce a day since she was last in the doctors office. The doc is happy with that. I'm happy with that too! It's so easy to second guess how effective the breastfeeding is going. Too easy to assume something is wrong and I'm not able to feed her enough. I'm just thrilled this time round is going better than the early weeks with Wesley.

Her two week stats are:
Weight: 8 pounds 9 ounces (59%)
Height: 20 3/4 inches (66%)
Head: 37 cm (75%)

Traveling with Greta has been a treat. The second you place her in the car seat she starts screaming and doesn't stop until she is removed from the car seat. So my hour long car drive this afternoon was especially pleasant with her screaming bloody murder in the back seat. The only upside to this is that she slept all evening and is peacefully sleeping in her crib as I write this. There is something to be said for wearing the poor kid out. On that note, I'm off to bed!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Berkley still screams when you put her in the car. I don't understand it - but if you go 60+ MPH she actually quiets down. Very odd.