Thursday, October 29, 2009

FAIL

So I just got home. Today was the day. The first day that I took both kids to town to do our grocery shopping. Don't get me wrong, I've gotten out with both kids many times now but it has only been to the post office and to Jessica's house for play dates. I've been taking Greta with me to go grocery shopping on the weekends when Sean was home to watch Wesley. But enough is enough, it's time to get back in our routine. So this morning I got little shoes and jackets on and got two kids loaded in the van. My plan was to put Greta in the front pack and Wesley would get his normal spot in the seat of the cart. Half way to the market it starts pouring buckets of rain. Great. Then we pull into the parking lot and Greta starts wailing. The kind of crying that makes your ear drums wriggle in agony.

I promptly turned the van around and we went home. No amount of food is worth carrying around two screaming soaking wet kids.

We shall return to our old routine some other day. Preferably a dry day. But on the plus side, it wasn't a total bust, I got some Wendy's for lunch. Yum.

2 comments:

Hoofprints said...

Or as Josh would say in world of warcraft terms...EPIC FAIL...lol

Granny Randi said...

Ahhhh, I remember it well!