Thursday, October 8, 2009

Catching up

It's amazing how hard it is to anything, little own blog with a newborn! I'm typing this entry with one hand as the other is holding a sleeping Greta. I find it hard to put her down. She'll wake up pretty quickly when placed in her crib during the day. She's doing really well though. We are finding a routine during the day that works for all of us. Her big nap coincides with Wesley's afternoon nap, which allows me some glorious and much needed quiet time.

Wesley is doing well with the new addition. We are finishing up our first week without Daddy or Grandparents here. It's gone much better than I imagined. I have to admit I was scared. Me against a newborn and a two year old, all by my lonesome. Turns out I wasn't all by myself all week. We spent three mornings this week with my friend Jessica and her kids. She was a big help, thanks Jessica.

I swear Wesley has changed so much in the past three weeks. He's growing like a weed. Maybe it's just being able to compare him to a newborn, but he's huge! His vocabulary is growing like crazy as well. The other day I was getting ready to go get him out of his crib after he woke up from his nap and I heard him yell out "Somebody please open the door!!" It made me laugh. Hey, at least he's polite about it. He also caught me off guard this morning, I asked him if he wanted a banana with his breakfast and he said "si". I asked him if he just said "si" and he said "yes". I don't recall teaching him Spanish but I'm sure he's picking it up from Sesame Street and DragonTales (his two shows he gets to watch). I was shaking my head over that one. The kid's a smarty pants.

We experienced our first power outage of the season yesterday. It was only out for two hours but it made me realize how important it is we have a generator before the first big snowfall. I refuse to go through another winter living out where we live with no back up electricity source and a newborn. Let the generator shopping begin.

Holding her head up like a champ


He loves the hat Noni Randi made for Greta, still scared of the froggie hat she made for him


Aunt Jessica with Greta


The swing has become our friend

2 comments:

Granny Randi said...

I miss you all very much.

The Menagerie Momma said...

We miss you too Granny! Come back!