Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sleeping Beauty



It's only been a few nights now but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Greta has been sleeping beautifully only waking up two times at night. She's going four hours between feedings and it's simply wonderful. This has been the most sleep I've gotten since early in the pregnancy. I'm so attuned to her at night that I wake up to her slightest grunt. Getting her fed and back to bed before a major melt down has helped her sleeping habits (and mine) ten fold. Having her crib in our bedroom is a good thing, for now anyways.

From what I've read it's a good idea to move the crib out of our bedroom at around four months old. We've been discussing what to do with her at that point. We have two bedrooms on the main floor of our house...we are in one and Wesley is in the other. There are several more bedrooms upstairs but I just don't feel good about her being that far away from us at night, just yet anyways. At some point both kids will have a bedroom upstairs. I also don't want to move her into Wesley's room....ever. I know people do this and it works but I don't want to screw with Wesley's beautiful sleeping habits. So I guess she'll be in our bedroom and hopefully we'll figure out a better plan when the time comes. For now, sleep baby sleep.

No comments: