Thursday, October 29, 2009

Jack and Frankie

Halloween is tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it this year. It's a fun holiday for kids and grown ups alike. Surprisingly I had some of my most enjoyable Halloweens after I graduated college. A few years back I stumbled across a costume, that to this day still makes me laugh out loud. I'm sure you've seen them, they are inflatable suits. They made an overweight ballerina, a cow (with udders sticking out) and a sumo wrestler. My friend Jessica and I purchased the sumo wrestler suits and had fun being idiots for several years in those suits. To this day I still have that suit hanging in the closet (still works!). I hope to break it out soon and wear it while trick or treating with my kids. Not this year as the sight of Mommy in an inflatable fat suit might send Wesley over the edge.

Ahhh...memories



This year with all the illness/flu going around I've been keeping Wesley and Greta away from big groups of people. We decided to skip the pumpkin patch and do more projects at home. We've been having play dates with Jessica and her kids several times a week in an attempt to keep the kids socialized and help burn off some of the never ending toddler energy. When she visits she sometimes brings art projects for the kids. With it being almost Halloween the subject matter of the projects has been spooky in nature. As a result our sliding glass door is decorated with cute Halloween cutouts that Wesley has "helped" put together and decorated with his crayon and marker skills. He often runs to the window and points at his creations and calls out all their names. May I present: Casper, Frankie, Jack and Glenda. He loves Jack and Frankie the best.



And of course we can't forget pumpkin carving. The kids are far off from carving their own pumpkins so old Mom (with Greta in the front pack) got to carve them yesterday. I did a big pumpkin for Wesley and a tiny one for Greta. I think they turned out cute.



Hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe Halloween tomorrow!

1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

Mandy, I love the picture of you and Jessica. It's hilarious! Hugs and kisses.