Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend Update

So the big cooking day yesterday went really well. I was cooking from about 10 am until 1 pm and got nine full meals plus three loaves of banana bread and a huge bag of frozen cookie dough made. I also cooked up a big bag of cubed chicken breasts so that simple meals can be made without cooking meat. All in all a good beginning. In the next two weeks I hope to make several large meals that will have leftovers to freeze as well, so maybe I can get through without cooking for two or three weeks. Here's hoping! And of course my wonderful Mother-in-law said she'd cook us up a huge batch of meatballs to freeze when they get here after the baby is born. Thanks Randi, can't wait!

Today we went and picked up the big load of hay for the horses to eat all winter. For the past four years we've purchased hay from my friend Jessica's aunt but this year she cut the hay and unfortunately it got rained on before she could bale it. We've had a pretty crazy summer in regards to the weather and finding a non-rainy weekend has been tough. So I had to do some calling around and found a guy not a mile away selling hay. Of course it was quite a bit more money but what can you do? He was nice enough to load it on his trailer and all we had to do was go pull it home and unload it. Sean was nice enough to do the unloading while Wesley and I watched. Have I mentioned how I'm married to a really great guy? Well I am. So now I can breath a little easier knowing the horses have at least a 100 bales in the shed this winter.






In baby news.....well there is no baby news. The ticker says 12 days (12 days!?!) and I literally can't wait. I have my 39 week appointment on Thursday so we'll see what the Doc has to say and see if I can plead with her to set up an induction date. I had a really great experience with my induction with Wesley and would love to just duplicate the experience. Most Docs won't induce unless you're dilating, so here's hoping all this cramping and mild contractions this past week are doing something beyond the 1cm I was at 36 weeks! I'll let you all know.
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

No comments: