Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Loose ends

I had my 37 week appointment today. I was under the impression the doctor was going to check my cervix every week now but was informed that she won't do that again until 39 weeks. On one hand I would love to see if there is any progress but it is nice to not have to have that done every week....it's not the most pleasant thing in the world. Everything looks good. They were really trying to push the flu vaccine on me today. They said it's a good idea to get it now and then when the H1N1 vaccine comes out late September or early October get it as well. Since there seems to be only a limited supply of the H1N1 vaccine they are targeting higher risk groups first, including pregnant women. I'm kind of on the fence as to whether I plan to get that one, if they delay getting it out to the public until October it will make my choice easier since I will no longer be pregnant and part of the high risk group. Sean and I do plan to get the regular flu shot as soon as I give birth to provide a bubble of protection around a newborn and a two year old (who will also get the flu shot). I have decided to stop watching the news because all this talk of the Swine Flu already has me worried about bringing home a newborn in the Fall/Winter months. We are currently taking preventative measures when out in public and I don't need the nightly news stressing me out anymore.

I've been busy wrapping up all the loose ends around here. Getting the final preparations done before this little lady arrives. My hospital bag and the baby bag is packed and ready to go. I got preregistered at the Birthing Center today so that's one less thing to do once labor starts. We are installing the car seat and bases in the cars this weekend. I need to sterilize all the pump parts and bottles. I've got a list of frozen meals I'm making, so I just need to go get the fixings for them so I can fill the freezer with easy casseroles, stews and quick breads. That really helped us out when Wesley was born and I plan to double the amount for after this baby is born. I'm also making a bunch of freezer meals and snacks for Wesley, things Sean can defrost and give him easily like mini muffins, chocolate chip pancakes and individual servings of home made mac and cheese to name just a few. Sean is going to be Mr. Mom once this new little one arrives and take over my duties with Wesley for a little bit while I attempt to recover. I figure the poor guy will be more than ready to go back to work after his two week paternity leave is up.

No comments: