Friday, September 11, 2009

The Big Freeze


Tomorrow is my big cooking day. I plan to cook and freeze about 10 meals plus some breads. I'm looking forward to it, should be fun. I had no idea there were whole web sites devoted to Once A Month Cooking (or OAMC as it's known on the internet). I guess it's fairly common to devote one whole day a month to mass cooking and then you have tons of freezer meals. I found so many good recipes that I'm excited to try. I'm also trying some Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookie dough that you form into balls and freeze, then just take out enough for a tray whenever you feel like a hot from the oven cookie. I just hope they last until after the baby is born, knowing me I'll be eating frozen cookie dough straight from the freezer.

Yesterday I ventured into the grocery store to pick up our normal two weeks worth of food and then on top of that I purchased all the fixings for these freezer meals. What I failed to realize is that I would run out of room in the cart far before I was done gathering items for my list. To add to that, Wesley was in a rather foul mood and thought tossing can goods on the floor every other isle was a blast. Bending over at the moment is not exactly easy so this just added insult to injury. I was so fed up by the time we made it to the checkout lane I failed to notice the inept cashier double bill me for several items including a big box of diapers. All in all not a pleasant shopping experience. Here's hoping I don't have to do another mass grocery shopping spree while pregnant. Wish me luck with all the cooking tomorrow, I'll need it!

2 comments:

Granny Randi said...

Mandy, I'll cook when I get there and add to your freezer meals. Good luck with all of the cooking.

Stacy said...

SO impressed with your energy level! At 39 weeks I was laying on the couch begging Nate to order pizza. Hope you'll share the goods on OAMC. I'll have to google that! Thinking of you...