Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Random thoughts

  • I just have to say waiting sucks. Big time.

  • Wesley has decided that chewing on his crib is a lot of fun. I don't mean the little dinky teeth scrapes along the railing, but full on eating of the crib. Like the kid is probably picking wood shavings out of his mouth. He's so darn quiet in his room when he wakes up that I have no idea he's even up, little own eating his crib. What's sad is that he's so darn proud of himself too. I walk in there and he points to the half dollar sized gnaw mark and says "Wesley chew on crib!!". Then he precedes to walk over and show me how his teeth align with the bite marks. Me thinks it's time to get him out of the crib. Oh what perfect timing!

  • I read an article in FitPregnancy magazine about how studies have shown that the simple act of turning on a fan in the room your infant is sleeping in can reduce the instances of SIDS by a huge percentage. Something about the white noise. So I went and purchased an air purifier last week to put in our room. This hopefully will help two things, it will provide the white noise recommended and it will filter out allergens. My seasonal allergies have arrived in full force and I'm not drugging it up this year since I'm so darn close to having this kid. Plus I don't sleep anyways at night anymore so why not add a nose full of snot to the equation. It's miserable.

  • I'm completely burnt out on sculpting and can't wait to have this baby so I can officially take a break. I know I should be sculpting more but my afternoon nap lures me away. I feel a little bad about napping for an hour almost every day but then I just think about how little sleep I'll soon be getting and I feel ok about it. Kind of like I'm storing up all this sleep to use later. I'll tell myself that anyways.

  • We are starting the rounds of flu immunizations this week. Wesley goes in tomorrow and Sean goes in Friday. I'm thrilled to be getting this out of the way early this year. That way if we do decide to get the H1N1 vaccine there will be a couple of months in between shots. I sure hope all this provides a nice bubble around this new little lady when she shows up (if she ever shows up).

That's about all that is happening around here.

2 comments:

Little Man's blog said...

sounds like it's time to get rid of the crib. hope that goes well fo ryou. I"m sure it will. He'll be excited to be a big boy.
I'm having to get Tamiflu right now since I had a student with H1N1 at school. I'm not freaked out though since it's everywhere. At the gas pump, at Target, Dillons and anywhere else I go. Corey says it's just this season's flu and to treat it like a strong flu. Nothing inheriantly different about it other than it's stronger. That made me feel better.
Hang in there. How did the doc visit go?

The Menagerie Momma said...

I think Corey is right, I'm just worried about the side effects of the flu with a new baby...not a good combination. If it was just Sean, Wesley and I it wouldn't even phase me. Are you going to get the H1N1 vaccine when it comes out? You'll be at top of the list being pregnant. Doc visit is Thursday, I'll write with any new news. Here's hoping something happens!