Thursday, September 24, 2009

Homecoming


It's so nice to be home from the hospital! Greta has settled in nicely with our family life. She, naturally, has her days and nights mixed up but that's pretty normal. We spent the entire night last night in the recliner. Greta spent the entire night attached to me, literally the entire night going from one boob to the other. She worked her little heart out trying to bring in my milk and succeeded admirably. It took me seven days to get my milk in with Wesley and only three with this little girl. I'm so happy not to have to use the little supplemental feeding tube this time. It was important that my milk came in today as we had to go to the doctors office for her first check up and if she had lost anymore weight we'd most likely have to supplement her until the milk came in. She weighed 8 pounds 11 ounces at birth and was down to 8 pounds one ounce when we left the hospital. I had my fingers crossed that she was starting to gain weight by the appointment today and luckily she has. She's up one ounce to 8 pounds two ounces. At least she's not loosing anymore. Yea!
Wesley has been doing great since welcoming his little sister home. He's got more energy than I remember. I think he may be acting a little more crazy these days in an attempt to get Mom's undivided attention. Luckily he's got Dad around as his constant 24 hour a day playmate. Sean has been so helpful with everything. He's really stepping up to take over my duties around here. I can't thank him enough. We are looking forward to Sean's folks arriving this weekend. Can't wait to see them!

My view...this Little Lady sleeps the best in my arms.

3 comments:

Granny Randi said...

We're leaving in an hour and 45min, if Rich is on time...fat chance!
See you soon.

Hoofprints said...

Wow...I think she totally looks like you in that picture! I see some Wesley, but mostly you this time. Beautiful! I'm so glad she's gaining weight. That's great to hear. A lot of worry off your chest.

Stacy said...

Thanks for the photos - she is lovely! Glad the BF is going well and you are enjoying your new baby. I know that my baby is my greatest joy.