Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Notes from the hospital

First off I want to thank Jessica for the wonderful guest blogging she did for me. You're an awesome friend!

Second, I am so happy that our little girl has finally arrived! I just can't express that enough. She is such a good baby. So mellow and quiet. I had forgotten how much newborns sleep! She's also off to a great start when it comes to breastfeeding. I actually had forgotten how much I enjoy breastfeeding until I looked down at that little pink face just sucking away. The pain on the other hand..... the early weeks of breastfeeding I seemed to have forgotten about. It kind of feels like your nipples are getting pierced every time she latches on (not that I have pierced nipples or anything). Toe curling, but worth it.

Third, I had no idea that my "baby" boy Wesley was so BIG until I saw him with his sister. He really is a big boy now. That was kind of sad to realize. When he was getting ready to leave today after his visit he walked up to me and said "Bye Mommy" and without skipping a beat he said "Bye Sister". Too precious.

Fourth, things that I remember from the first birth don't get any better the second time around. No one tells you how much the IV hurts when they put it in. On the other hand no one tells you how little the epidural hurts when they put it in. I'd take 10 epidurals over one IV. Also, being induced is a WHOLE different species than going into labor on your own. Going into labor on your own is so much more pleasant. The contractions start out slower, lighter and get more intense. Versus the Pitocin induced labor where they come hard and fast and scary. This was a much "nicer" way to have a baby.

Last of all, we get to go home tomorrow. I've really enjoyed my break from reality while I've been here in the hospital. It's really quite nice having food brought to you around the clock, lying around in a bed all day in my bathrobe and having friends and family come visit. It's nice to know Wesley is being taken good care of by his Daddy, allowing Greta and I some quality bonding time.
I'll post more pictures of our new little lady when I get home.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Is it just me or does she look just like Wesley? Can't wait to hear your assessment on who she looks like! So cute!!