Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ramblings

Long before children were even on the horizon I would walk through Target and notice a woman pushing a cart with her small child sitting in the front of the cart surrounded by a cover of sorts. I'm sure you've seen these shopping cart covers, they line the seat and handle preventing said child from touching the germ soaked cart. Well, I used to think these women were nuts. Overprotective is the word that comes to mind. I have now become one of these women. You see when your baby is an infant they get carried around in their infant car seat that can be removed from the base and then sits on top of the shopping cart and thus protecting your baby from the horrible, evil cart. Now that Wesley is on the verge of outgrowing his infant car seat I am faced with the reality that he will have to sit in the germ infested seat of the shopping cart. I wish I had a picture of him sucking on his highchair tray to insert here because I know he would do the same thing to the shopping cart. Yuck. So I'm thinking of buying this cover:

I just don't want to spend $35 on it, that seems like a lot of money for a stupid seat cover. Sean suggested I make one with my new sewing machine. I looked at him like he had a horn growing out of his forehead, I mean seriously WHEN would I make one?? Ohhh I think he means after I get done eating bon bons and painting my fingernails while lounging on the couch. I wish I had the time to make one but I don't. I feel bad that my parents got me a nice sewing machine for Christmas and I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I wonder if I will ever again have time to do things like that. How did I get off subject? What was the subject?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You eat bon bons while watching hours of tv everyday too?? Wow...and I thought it was just me. (please note sarcasm...the chance of bon bon days are far gone.)