Monday, January 21, 2008

Balancing Act

I am in constant amazement of how "much" it takes to raise a baby. How much time, energy, love, money, patience and sanity. There is a definite balancing act involved as well. Sean goes to work, I stay home with the baby. He comes home takes the baby and I go to work. Without the ability to pass off the baby to my partner I'm afraid the "sanity" part might be lost. There is a part of me that is on hold now that I have a baby. Part of my previous life that I hope hasn't been lost but rather is on hold until Wesley gets older and more self reliant. My brother-in-law asked me today what Sean and I have been up to lately, and I laughed and said we've been up to absolutely nothing. We've been raising a child for the past six months, that's pretty much it. I personally don't know how single mothers out there do it. How do they manage the balancing act? They are my heros.

Favorite movie quote of the week:

"We figured there was too much happiness here for just the two of us, so we figured the next logical step was to have us a critter."

It's from "Raising Arizona." Love this movie. It's more funny once you have a kid.

No comments: