Thursday, August 5, 2010

Preschool update

I keep searching for the perfect preschool for Wesley and I think I might have found it. I called yesterday and talked to the teacher for about 10 minutes about what her preschool has to offer. This would be the perfect fit for our family. The three year old class goes Tuesday and Thursdays from 9-11:30. The four year olds go Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It would be a wonderful way to ease him into the school like setting. They have field trips to the fire station and pumpkin patch and they have a Christmas and spring program (how precious). The only hitch is that the class is "kind of full". She is going to go through and confirm what students are indeed going to attend and then get a final count and call me back next week. Oh I pray someone moved. :) It doesn't start until September either, so we'll have time to get Wesley excited about it (he's firmly decided he's NOT going to preschool). Keep your fingers crossed for us, we all need this to work out.

1 comment:

Little Man's blog said...

Sounds perfect! He'll love it too. My only advice? Even if he's crying the first day, leave right way. Ask the director of the program to call you in 30 min to tell you how he's doing. Lingering only makes it harder on you both. I speak from years of teaching preschool and kindergarten. So happy for you both! ps-they're use to wiping little bottoms. It's no big deal.