Thursday, July 22, 2010

Diaries of a Potty Training Momma pt 2

Ok, so after our nearly disastrous first day in potty training, it has been smooth sailing. Wesley just had to figure out that he didn't like urinating all over himself for it to just click in his head. He's gone four days now without an accident. I'm so proud of him! He tells me when he needs to go, or I'll just turn around and he'll be in the bathroom on his own. He even surprised me with a number two, he did that in his little potty and was so proud of himself. I feel that diapers might be a thing of the past soon. I'm really happy we waited until he was ready (and I was ready) to start this process, as it's going better than I ever thought possible. He still pees on a tree outside usually once a day but I don't have a problem with this. It's usually during Sissy's nap and I don't want his stomping around the bathroom which is right next to her bedroom. We also live out in the middle of nowhere and I'm not to terribly worried about the neighbors seeing (and so what if they do!). So here's to more smooth sailing in potty training and cutting my diaper budget in half.

2 comments:

Granny Randi said...

Way to go Wesley! You beat your daddy by a good 6 months. Does this mean preschool in the fall?

The Menagerie Momma said...

Oh I wish, but I think we'll hold off until next year for preschool. I'd have to enroll him now and I'm not confident in his pooping skills quite yet. :)