Saturday, December 6, 2008

Twinkling lights and football....what a combo.


Christmas has arrived at our house. I set up the tree, wreaths, garland and such today. I'd like to say that it was a family affair but no, I do this myself every year. Sean is not much into decorating (it must offend his manly side) and Wesley would be more interested in smashing the glass ornaments than helping me decorate. But it's ok, I'm not complaining too much...I get to put things exactly where I like them and it really does put me in the Christmas spirit.

Sean and Wesley watched the college football championship games today. When I say that Wesley watches football I used to mean that Sean watched football while Wesley played with his toys. Not anymore, Wesley actually will sit on Sean's lap and watch football with him. It's kind of sad just how early the fascination with the game starts in this house. In fact last week Wesley started saying "football". Sean taught it to him and now he'll randomly ask Wes what he wants to watch on TV and the kid will automatically say football. It's just so wrong, yet cute at the same time. I, on the other hand, am desperately trying to teach the kid "chick flick" but it's not working.

More cute new stuff with the kid: When he's ready to take a nap or go to sleep at night he'll lay his head down and say "nigh nigh??". It's pretty darn cute. It's great that he'll now let us know when he wants to go to bed, rather than the other way around.

With only 19 days until Christmas I am about half way through my shopping. I just ordered some stuff off of Amazon and hope with the free shipping it will be here before Christmas. Now I just have to get everything shipped off to out of state family before long.

This last picture is Hubby and Wesley by the tree. Sean has decided in an attempt to keep his face warm he will try and grow a beard. I think this is more of an excuse for being too lazy to shave, but hey....whatever, we'll see how it looks after a few weeks. Maybe I'll like the mountain man look?

No comments: