Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas spirit?

We have gotten back into the swing of things around here since getting back from the trip. Wesley seems to be moping around without all the constant attention he got down in New Mexico. I think the poor kid is bored being home. We can't go hang out with his buddy Alex because poor Alex and Abby are recovering from croup. We can't go outside because it is friggin cold. I think it's going to be a long winter.

One idea for keeping this kid happy and entertained is to release him into the house. We have about half the main floor baby gated off for dogs and Wesley. This keeps everyone safe and happy, Wesley can't get into too much trouble and the dogs are contained to an area that they can't destroy too much. But there is quite a bit of the house that the kid has never been in or only briefly. The basement for one. This weekend I plan on cleaning up the basement and setting up the GeoTrax train set down there so that we can go down there every so often and play. Maybe just getting him into a new situation will make him happier. It's worth a try.

Tomorrow we are going (back) to Sears to get some more pictures taken. When we got home from the trip we had a message on the answering machine saying we won some raffle and received a free photo shoot and some wall portraits. So Wesley is getting all gussied up and getting some Christmas pictures taken tomorrow.

I am planing on getting the Christmas decorations put up this weekend in between getting all my Christmas sculpture orders finished. I'm looking forward to getting them up, I'm hoping seeing the house all decorated gets me in the Christmas spirit!

I wish I had pictures to post but I'm kind of pictured out after taking oodles over the trip last week. That's all that's new here.

No comments: