Thursday, December 11, 2008

Building immunity one kitty turd at a time

The kid is sick...again. This makes number two for this winter so far (and it's officially not even winter yet). He's not real sick just big wads of green snot running down his face and sometimes into his mouth. Yum. He's sleeping just fine which I'm grateful for. He's got his humidifier going all night and it seems to keep the snot nice and thin so it doesn't wake him up.

I try to figure out how he gets sick since it's just him and me all day here in the house. He rarely goes to the store with me anymore (I prefer to do my shopping without him on Saturdays) and it's not like he goes to a play group or daycare. Must be all the ickies floating around our house or maybe that hubby brings home from work? The kid is always doing something that makes me say the phrase "Oh he's just building immunity one _____ at a time". You can put anything into that blank. The other day he walks up to me with a dried up kitty turd in his hands. Kind of like "hey look what wonderful prize the kitty left me!". Nasty kitty. He does this with anything and everything. During late summer I would catch him sucking on my flip flop. Or every so often I'll walk into a room to see him lying on his stomach sucking on the wood floor. My favorite is he'll get a hold of the dog's food dish and will lick it out right after they ate. It doesn't even phase me anymore. You can't say he's not building up that little immune system every time he does something like this.

I shall leave you with video of Chance the dog chasing Wesley around trying to steal his beloved cracker. Wesley loves being chased by the dog....I think I might try hanging a chunk of meat around his waist, endless fun!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Don't let Nate read your blog. He's already panicked that our new tater tot is going to eat all the doggie tootsie rolls lying around. Glad to know it won't kill her! I haven't read the Twilight books - guess I should pick up the first...

Have a great weekend, Mandy.