Thursday, December 18, 2008

More ramblings....

There seems to be a total lack of interesting stuff to blog about lately. I feel at ease after shipping out my last Christmas sculpture this morning, along with the last of the Christmas presents to family. I'm so happy to have that all out of the way! One less thing on my shoulders. Hubby took today off and I ran into town to finish up the last of my Christmas shopping without my little 17 month old tag along. With the weather bitterly cold and the unknown forecast of freezing drizzle it was nice not having to lug him around.

On the subject of dicey weather, I finally got to try out the four wheel drive on my Jeep yesterday. I've never had a 4 wheel drive vehicle (never really needed or wanted one) but I thought "since I've got it, I'm going to use it!". On a day like yesterday, when I would have normally stayed home because of the thick blanket of snow and ice, I plowed right through it. It was nice, I actually felt very safe driving around with Wesley in the back seat. Not over-confident, but safe. I guess I'll have to hang onto the Jeep for awhile, even though it's proven itself to be somewhat of a lemon.

Wesley is getting over his second cold of the year. Looks like it has almost ran it's course. He starting to do more new things every week. He's starting to be clingy. He'll walk up to me and throw his arms up toward me, once I pick him up he'll just lay his head on my shoulder and hug me for several minutes. It's very sweet, I adore it. Then Sean will walk by and he'll throw his arms out to him and I'll pass him off and he'll give hubby the bear hug. We are hoping this isn't developing into a "won't let Mommy out of my sight" phase with the impending Arizona trip next month. Hubby and I are flying to Phoenix for Sean's brothers wedding in January and leaving Wesley with my parents for two nights. They offered and we couldn't resist the chance to escape for a long weekend by ourselves. It will be nice to travel light, for a change.

That's about all that's new here, hope everyone is having a great Holiday season. Can you believe Christmas is in 8 days?? Yikes, where does the time go?

No comments: