Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Years Eve!

I hope everyone is having a great New Years Eve! I didn't even realize today was New Years Eve until the lady at the feed store told me so. Wesley and I then decided we needed to go to the grocery store to pick up yummy treats to ring in the new year. What is new years eve without tasty fattening food. After saying this I have to add that I'm trying out a low carb diet, I plan to shed 5 pounds. I'm doing this along with Pilates every afternoon during Wesley's nap to tone up and feel good about my body again. So I will be watching Sean and Wesley munch away on the said tasty treats while I munch away on salads and nuts. It's all good!

Wesley has been adding to his vocabulary over the past week. He's got about 30 words now that he uses regularly. Yesterday he started stringing words together. He walked up to me with my sneaker and said "Mommy's Shoes" and gave one to me. He'll also say "Hi Daddy" when Sean gets home from work (we worked on that one for a couple of weeks). He also says "Bye Daddy" or Mommy when one of us leaves. It's great.

The other day we were flipping through a photo album and we got to a picture of my father and he pointed to it and said "Papa". So I guess my Dad is going to be known as Papa instead of grandpa for the time being. I called them up to tell them this and my Mom said in her saddest voice "When will I get a name?" Soon grandma.

The kids newest feat is that he discovered how to climb into his highchair all by himself. I will get a video soon as it is quite something to see. He's quickly gaining his monkey skills. That's all for now. I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years!

No comments: